May 29, 2018
The Best Spots to Buy in Alabama, Florida & Tennessee
Is a vacation home a luxury you’re dreaming to afford? Let Method Mortgage lead you to the smartest way to your second home. Licensed in Alabama, Florida and Tennessee, our loan officers can help you obtain your dream getaway. From mountain cabins and lake cottages to city dwellings and beach bungalows, there are boundless real estate opportunities waiting for you. To narrow down your search, we’ve rounded up the best spots to buy in Alabama, Florida and Tennessee:
Ahh, sweet home Alabama. From its beautiful lakes to sugar-sand beaches, our home state offers a variety of vacation and second home spots to consider making your home away from home.
- Gulf Coast: Alabama’s gulf coast boasts 32 miles of sugar-sand beaches and attractions such as golf courses, nature trails and water sports. Whether you’re looking for adventure or a lazy beach day, you can do it all in Alabama’s little-known vacation treasure. Plus, there is a substantial return on investment and opportunity for rental income.
- Lakes: The many lakes around Alabama, 37 to be exact, make it easy to find a great place for a vacation lake house. Last year, Al.com rounded up the most affordable and most expensive lakes to buy a house on.
- College Towns: Whether your battle cry is “War Eagle” or “Roll Tide,” investing in a rental or gameday property in Auburn or Tuscaloosa is another option, especially if you’re a regular on gameday weekends.
The Sunshine State offers a large number of vacation- and investment-friendly areas, especially for retirees and beach bums. In fact, Orlando and Jacksonville were listed by Forbes as places to invest in housing in 2018.
- The Panhandle / Gulf Coast: Like Alabama’s gulf coast, Florida’s Gulf Coast offers gorgeous sugar-sand beaches and turquoise tides, from Destin and South Walton beaches all the way down to Naples and Marco Island. The Tampa Bay area is another place to keep your eye on. Offering an amazing climate, flourishing businesses, world-class beaches and bay access, Tampa has been ranked as the second-best city for real estate investments in the U.S in recent years.
- Atlantic Coast: From Jacksonville down to Miami, you can find glitz and glam, like West Palm Beach, Daytona Beach and Boca Raton, as well as quiet getaways, such as St. Augustine, Jupiter Island and Vero Beach, along Florida’s 360-mile Atlantic coast.
- Orlando: If you’re a theme park fanatic, a house or condo in Orlando or Kissimmee, may be just the place for you. With access to Disney World, Universal Studios and other attractions, there is plenty to keep you entertained.
- The Keys: Last, but certainly not least, if you’re looking for paradise, the Keys may be your best bet. The Florida Keys start just south of Miami and extend southwest until you reach the infamous Key West. However, real estate in this area tends to be more expensive due to the limited space.
From lively music scenes to the refreshing outdoor spaces, there are plenty of places to buy and enjoy a second home in The Volunteer State, especially for outdoor enthusiasts and country music fans.
- Lakes: Though Tennessee is a landlocked state, it is home to some of the best lakes this side of the Appalachian Mountains that make the perfect spot for your home away from home. Movoto lists the best lakes and lakefront property in Tennessee here.
- The Smoky Mountains: Is a cozy cabin nestled in the mountains calling your name? Tennessee towns like Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are located in the heart of the Smoky Mountains giving you access to endless outdoor adventure, beautiful scenery and tourists attractions.
- Nashville: Music City also landed on Forbes list of places to invest in housing in 2018. In addition to the foot-stomping music scene, Nashville offers a delicious dining scene and is home to professional sports teams, like the Tennessee Titans and Nashville Predators.
Vacation houses are an important financial decision, so be sure to consider these 5 things before taking the plunge. Ultimately, if you like to visit the same place regularly, investing in a vacation home is a reasonable option. Contact us today for more information about obtaining a second mortgage and starting on your smartest way home.