October 18, 2023
9 PITFALLS that can trip up your loan closing.
Just because you’re pre-approved doesn’t mean your loan is a done deal.
AVOID these mistakes so you don’t jeopardize your loan approval:
- Don’t make a big-ticket purchase. Could deplete cash reserves or limit ability to repay.
- Don’t quit or switch your job. Makes it harder to verify income stability.
- Don’t open or close lines of credit. May see you as a riskier borrower.
- Don’t pay bills late. Dings your credit score.
- Don’t ignore questions from your lender or broker. Could delay or postpone the closing date.
- Don’t let someone run a credit check on you. Inquiries can lower your credit score.
- Don’t make large deposits into your accounts. Unverified deposits may raise questions.
- Don’t change bank accounts. Slows down verification.
- Don’t take out or co-sign any new loans. Increases debt-to-income (DTI) ratio and can limit ability to repay.
What should you DO?
Maintain the status quo
Avoid making financial changes
Enjoy yourself when you become a homeowner!
If you have concerns, consult one of our loan officers!